Karen Rubin, MD
Founder / CEO
Dr. Rubin, a national leader in innovative care delivery, spent 30 years as a Pediatric Endocrinologist and Educator before moving into administration at Connecticut Children’s to execute her vision to improve pediatric care and patient access to specialists. Her vision grew into Connecticut Children’s Leaders in Advanced Solutions in Pediatrics (CLASP).
As Chief Clinical Transformation Officer, she accelerated the adoption of CLASP to Connecticut’s PCPs empowered to provide first-line management of chronic conditions and improved new-patient access to specialists by 20%. Her vision has become a cornerstone of a successful transformation from volume to value-based healthcare.
- Professor Emeritus, University of Connecticut SOM
- Recipient of 2017 Paul Kaplowitz MD Award & Endowed Lectureship from The Academy of Pediatrics and The Pediatric Endocrine Society for contributions in quality and cost-effective care.
- Invited speaker for “Meet the Professor” Series “Value-based Health: The Future of Health Care Delivery Systems, Annual Pediatric Endocrine Society Virtual Meeting, 4/30/2021
- Invited speaker Association of Administrators in Academic Pediatrics (AAAP) 2014 Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, 5-18-20, 2014: “Co-Management by Pediatric Primary Care Providers and Subspecialists”
- Invited speaker for Helen Jones Lecture, Mass General Children’s Hospital Pediatric Grand Rounds: Moving Knowledge, Not Patients: Re-thinking the way pediatric primary care and specialists work together, 11/12/19
Founder / CEO
Former Chief Clinical Transformation Officer, Connecticut Children’s
Product, Marketing & Sales
Serial Founder with 27 years experience in Digital Marketing
Technology and UX
User-focused Full-Stack Developer and technology manager
Academic Partners @ Connecticut Children’s
Ilana Waynik, MD
Medical Director CLASP, Quality Expert
Assoc Professor Pediatrics, UConn SOM
Grace Hong, APRN, PPCP-BC
Melissa Molcan, RN
CLASP Program Coordinator